Just sat in a talk by Eric Feng, who is a very good speaker i think. He has this affect of making me grin like a silly schoolgirl when he talks. I like that.
Anyway, he said something about how it's difficult to change 20 things about yourself in one go. But what you need to do is to change small and change often.
Inspired. I'm going to try it.
First, what 20 things do I want to change about myself?
1. Stop making lousy excuses for why i need to skip my gym sessions and actually go to the gym.
2. Eat less chocolates (cut down by 75%).
3. Come into the office with a smile on my face.
4. Bitch less (30% less would be a reasonable target).
5. Jump to positive conclusions rather than negative ones.
6. Practise my pastel art more (at least once a week).
7. Read at least 1/2 a book a month.
8. Watch less tv (cut down by 50%).
9. Nag my husband less (cut down by 20%, eh that's a reasonable target already k!)
10. Dine in with my parents/family more often.
11. Sleep 1 hour more every day (preferably sleeping earlier, rather than waking up later and being late for work).
12. Setting a list of at least 5 task items to be completed for each work day, and actually completing it (instead of blogging about it! =P)
13. Stop getting laughs at other people's expense.
14. Pray more often.
15. Clean my room twice a week as opposed to once a week.
16. Do laundry twice a week as opposed to once a week.
17. Be more confident of other people's ability to do things independently (i.e. be less of a control freak).
18. Donate more money to charity.
19. Pick up a charity to volunteer and help out with (i've stopped for too long).
20. Practise facilitation skills more (like up by 25%)
waaahhh...didn't realise i could come up with 20. I'm quite surprised, as I thought i was perfect the way I am. LOL.
okay i'm going to start with no.1.
I already have a gym bag packed. And today i will not make an excuse for not going to the gym!
I'll report back tom!
Labels: eveel ramblings